Monday, October 4, 2010

SHOULD STUDENTS BE SUSPENDED 4 I HEART BOOBIES?


A brouhaha is brewing over “I Heart Boobies” bracelets at Riverside High School after the principal suspended 9 students who wore them to school and refused to take them off last week. The bracelets are sold by a non-profit and are designed to raise awareness and money to fight breast cancer. Unfortunately at Riverside High School they raised a little too much awareness for school administrators.

Principal John McCoy says anyone who wears them TODAY will be suspended.

REALLY?

Check out the Keep A Breast Foundation HERE.



Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. This is so silly. These kids should be applauded for supporting the cause and raising awareness. Especially during Breast Cancer Awareness month.
    And I agree that there are so many other things going on in schools today that a bracelet with this phrase on it is the least of thier worries.
    I can see how it may be a tad inappropriate, but come on. Work on a comprimise maybe...at the end of October they arent allowed to waer them anymore.
    Or really, kids dont stick with anything long, thier likes change, novelty wears off. I would bet most of them wouldnt still be wearing them come the end of the year. Except possibly those with an emotional connection to the cause.
    Anywho...I agree this is ridiculous and blown way out of proportion.
    Kristin - Saskatchewan, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personaly graduated from riverside so I know how mr. Mccoy works.. from my experiencesin high school he is the kind of guy that favors people I can almost garentee that if the student would have been a cheerleader or a jock nothing would have been said ..I wasn't the most popular person in school but I was friends with the popular kids and they wouldn't get in trouble for the same stuff other kids would get in trouble for ... I think he is blowing this way out of proportion a lot of kids there have mothers and other family members that have been through breast cancer ... if I was still in school I would be raising hell right now at that school there is a lot more to worry about than a braclet... I hope he gets shut down in a hurry !!

    ReplyDelete